Home Faculty and Staff
The Academic Scheduling Office schedules and controls approximately 150 classrooms, seminar rooms, and auditoriums on the Boulder campus. We schedule these rooms for academic reasons such as courses, review sessions, films, and midterm and final exams.
Non-academic uses of classrooms for student clubs, meetings, and workshops are scheduled by Events and Catering in the UMC, at 303-492-8833.
Semester Specific Information
All past, current, and future term information regarding planning calendars, instructions, and term dates can be found on the Semester Specific Information page, for reference when designing future terms.
Services Provided by Academic Scheduling
Adding and revising COurses
- For Existing Courses:
We process course maintenance requests: adds, cancels, and changes, as well as set up restrictions for specific course sections. Please use the forms below to request these changes.
- For New Courses: We supervise and edit course entry, and provide needed info for building courses. Please submit the course proposal form to request a new course.
- To Submit a Room Request:
- Please contact only one of the co-coordinators and use only one form of communication.
- One-time room requests can be submitted via e-mail or by phone
- For Course-Related Activities: To book a centrally-scheduled classroom for a review session, exam or any other activity associated with a specific course, please provide the following information.
- Begin and end date(s): i.e. full semester, three consecutive dates, one time only, etc.
- Day(s): of the week.
- Start and end time.
- Reason: What the booking is for (i.e., CHEM 1131 review; SOCY 1160 exam).
- Contact Information: Your phone number and name.
- Additional Requests:
Final Exam Scheduling
Departmental Staff training
- Academic Scheduling periodically offers training sessions for faculty/staff in academic departments, deans, and residence hall programs covering ISIS Curriculum Management.
- We offer hands-on practice in our training room for setting up and maintaining a department's course data. This training is scheduled as needed and interested users should contact our office for more information.
Additional services Provided
- Schedule of Courses: Create planning dates for the Schedule of Courses for semester and summer terms and maintain course descriptions for the catalog.
- Course inventory: Maintain course inventory for Boulder campus and maintain the historical course inventory file
ISIS Step-by-Step Guidelines
- Step-by-Step: Adding or Revising a Class
- Step-by-Step: Updating Sections of a Class
- Step-by-Step: Adjust Class Associations
- Step-by-Step: Creating Combined Sections
- Step-by-Step: Canceling a Class
For the fastest service, please submit a request only once and provide complete information.
Academic Scheduling co-coordinators can also be contacted by